If you are a proud owner of a 6.0 powerstroke engine like me, then you should check these recommended oils for 6.0 powerstroke vehicles.
This beast of engines generates enormous power. It produces a massive amount of energy, and that’s why it needs proper care to perform at its best always. To maintain the appropriate condition of the 6.0 powerstroke engine, you need to check and change the oil regularly. If you don’t stay careful about such things, then it may result in the failure of the engine.
Now, let’s have a look on the top lubricants for this gigantic diesel monster.
Best Oil for 6.0 Powerstroke
1. Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic Heavy Duty 5W-40 Engine Oil
Shell is one of the most famous brands of lubricants all around the world. If you are looking for a well-performing oil at a competitive price, then the Shell Rotella T6 is the right option to choose.
Features of Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Oil for 6.0 Powerstroke Engine are:
- It helps to improve the efficiency of the engine for almost up to 1.5% higher and that too without yielding the durability and protection of the oil.
- It has advanced multi-functional additives to give an enhanced safety against dirt, soot, etc. containments.
- The improved heat-resistant system prevents the breakdown due to heat and protects the system during the service interval.
- It is compatible with all the exhaust emissions control systems.
- As it uses the low ash formula, it lowers the carbon amount that builds up in the engine and also keeps the emission clean and clear.
- Unlike old oil formulas, the Rotella T6 from Shell protects the engine in all weather conditions due to its high-pressure structure endurance.
2. Valvoline Premium Blue SAE 15W-40 Heavy Duty Engine Oil
This premium blue from Valvoline is an another widely used motor oil among the 6.0 powerstroke engine users. Its supreme synthetic formula and protective nature will help to keep the diesel running smooth and steady.
Features of Valvoline Premium Blue SAE 15W-40 Engine Oil for 6.0 Powerstroke are:
- It is the only one engine oil recommended and endorsed by Cummins.
- It will keep the in-grade performance of the engine through the robust shear stability.
- Due to the triple dispersant chemical formula, it protects the engine from soot thickening.
- It has a license for the API services like CI-4, CI-4 Plus, CJ-4, CK-4, and CH-4.
- Your engine will get protection against daily wear and tear.
- It can work in any temperature with SAE rating of over 40 in normal conditions and 15 in cold temperatures.
3. Mobil 1 44986 5W-40 Turbo Diesel Truck Synthetic Motor Oil
Mobil is one of the most reputed powerstroke engine oil providers. And the Mobil 1 5W-40 turbo synthetic motor oil is an excellent option for the heavy-duty uses. It is a highly recommended oil by the 6.0 powerstroke engine owners worldwide.
Features of Mobil 1 44986 5W-40 Turbo Diesel Motor Oil are:
- It protects the engine from the sludge deposits at low temperatures and varnish at high temperatures.
- This oil provides excellent wear protection and keeps the engine clean and smooth while in operation.
- Any cold-start oil with 5W rating can be combined with this Mobil 1 oil thanks to its wide viscosity range.
- It gives superior protection against the everyday wear and tear of the engine compared to other standard oils.
- You can use this synthetic oil for the varieties of vehicles like cars, trucks, ATVs, motorcycles, farm equipment, etc.
4. Liqui Moly 2041 Premium 5W-40 Synthetic Engine Oil
The Liqui Moly premium 5W-40 engine oil is perfect for heavy-duty trucks and high-end cars with 6.0 powerstroke engines. It has comparatively low price than the other standard engine oils mentioned in this list but provides excellent performance on the daily purpose.
Features of Liqui Moly 2041 Premium 5W-40 Engine Oil are:
- It has a high level of wear resistance, and that’s why it provides extended life operation.
- Your engine will have a reliable performance at both the high and low temperatures.
- It protects the engine actively against the polluting compounds.
- The container has a good design for secure storage and extended usage.
- It is available in 1 liter (single or pack of 12) and 5 liters (single or a pack of 4) packs.
5. Castrol 06249 EDGE 5W-40 Full Synthetic Engine Oil
This advanced premium full synthetic oil from Castrol delivers extreme performance in all weather conditions. It is one of the most used and recommended engine oil from the worldwide users. Even many F1 racers use this oil brand for their racing cars.
Features of Castrol 06249 5W-40 Oil for 6.0 Powerstroke Engine are:
- It will protect the engine in the drain process and at the extreme pressure.
- At the various levels of driving speeds, it reduces metal-to-metal contact.
- It meets VW quality standards for oil including VW 502 00, VW 504 00, and VW 507 00.
- With the strong titanium formula, this 5W-40 oil will help to gain maximum performance from your 6.0 powerstroke engine.
- It will keep the engine clean and active at high or low temperatures.
- It performs best when used with the Bosch oil filters.
How to pick the right motor oil for your car?
Motor oil is like oxygen for vehicles. It is what gives them the strength to function. However, there are too many different types of motor oils in the market today that can create a lot of confusion. This is why we thought we would speak a little about how you can choose the correct one.
The major difference among the available motor oils is the viscosity. Viscosity is nothing but a fluid’s resistance to flow. The right viscosity completely depends on your vehicle. This is why you should start your homework with the manual. It will clearly describe what type of oil your car needs and what its viscosity is supposed to be. Oil additives are also important. Refiners use different additives to enhance the properties of the motor oil. Good oils keep the engine cool and free from corrosion.
A few people also prefer synthetic oil over conventional oil because apparently, synthetic oils last longer and do not cause too much damage to the engine parts. They also have the ability to function smoothly at higher temperatures. However, we would recommend synthetic oils only for high-end cars. For a regular car, you can choose either conventional oil or synthetic blend oil.
The other factors that you should consider are the age of the vehicle, your current oil, and the brand of the motor oil. Some oils are meant specifically for old cars while some others are for new vehicles. Bring all the factors together, and you will be able to decide which one to go with.
Also, if your current motor oil is working fine for you, there is absolutely no need to change it. Why waste your time trying to fix something that isn’t broken? Choose the same oil as before and ride carefree!
If there’s any confusion or you don’t feel sure about the motor oil, you should either stick to what the manual says or go to the mechanic for help. There are some things that you should never experiment with. Motor oil is one of them.
You know that when you need to choose the best oil for your 6.0 powerstroke engine, then you need to be picky. As there are many options available in the market and all are claiming to be the best engine oil, it’s quite a difficult task to get the right additive for your vehicle. Also, there are two groups of people; one in favor of using 15W-40 and the other in support of 5W-40 engine oil to get the top performance from a 6.0 powerstroke system. I’ll cover that topic later.
Using the list above, you can get the high-quality oil for your 6.0 powerstroke engine. Friendly speaking, any lubricant can run your vehicle and help to perform your engine. But, if you want a reliable, long lasting, and top-notch performance from your beast 6.0 powerstroke engine, then you need a compatible motor oil with it. And, that’s why I made this list.
You can share your thoughts about the post, and if there is any top-performing engine oil about which you have a good opinion, then also you are free to write to me.