Trailers often serve the purpose of hauling and towing heavy loads. The factory design of these trucks is quite simple and allows only a certain amount of load. Anything beyond that can cause an annoying scraping sound while going over bumps or hills. To avoid this, you need airbags.
Best Airbags For Duramax
Airbag suspension comes with various benefits, the biggest one being enabling you to carry large cargo without any added stress. When it comes to hauling and towing, Duramax is one of the go-to trailers. So, if you are looking for the best airbags for Duramax, you have come to the right place.
Working Of Airbags For Duramax
Before we speak about the products, let’s understand how these airbags work.
You get airbag suspension kits in the market that are designed to resist the vehicle’s weight. They more or less work like a balloon. You can inflate them mechanically or electrically based on the type of airbag you purchased. The bags also have rubber bellows that are ideal for towing because they prevent squatting due to the added weight. When you are not using your truck for towing, you can simply remove the air.
Best Airbags For Duramax – Experts’ Choice
This section has a list of our favorite airbags for Duramax. You can compare and choose according to your preferences.
1. Air Lift Air Suspension Kit – 57338
The Air Lift Airbag kit for Duramax comes with some spectacular features that have impressed us a lot. It promises more control and balance along with the following:
- It stays clear of in-bed hitches.
- The airbag has exclusive roll plates, which work to protect air springs.
- You can adjust the amount of air you pump in from 5 to 100 PSI.
- Installation of the entire kit is very easy. It won’t take you more than a couple of hours.
- It is made of 2-ply fabric that makes it very durable and sturdy.
- It can handle 5000 pounds of cargo while ensuring better control and steering.
2. Firestone Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring – W21-760-2299
This set has tapered air springs that promise to carry at least 3000 pounds of cargo. In fact, you can increase that to 5000 without any problems. Here’s a closer look:
- The convoluted design of the air springs and the sturdy materials together ensure that you enjoy this upgrade for a long time without hassle.
- Once you install this kit, you will see a significant improvement in the ride quality.
- It enables uniform weight distribution.
- Under no circumstances should you add more weight than recommended because it will damage the kit.
- The airbag kit works well for light vans, RVs, and trucks including Duramax.
3. MaXpeedingrods Universal Air Suspension Kit – 2 pieces
This set of 2 airbags for Duramax is suitable for many other trucks as well. It has universal compatibility and is made for the front and the rear of the vehicle. Please go through its highlights below:
- It has a crimped, double-convoluted design that’s heavy duty and reliable. Thanks to this design, you can be sure that it is safe.
- Its load capacity is 2500 pounds.
- It dampens the vibrations that are often caused while driving with heavy loads.
- You will not have to endure any kind of squeaking noise.
- The air suspension kit has been put together keeping ride comfort, handling, and suspension in mind.
4. Air Lift LoadLifter Air Suspension Kit – 5000
This is another product from Air Lift and it has the coveted Amazon’s Choice label next to its name. This complete suspension kit comes with great features that you will like. Let’s go through a few of them:
- The kit has fully adjustable springs that you can use to level the truck according to your convenience. This will enable a safe ride even while towing heavy loads.
- Its capacity is 5000 pounds.
- The kit comes with a detailed instruction manual that’s easy to follow. This makes the whole process easy.
- The build is quite durable and performance is flawless.
- The lift that this kit offers is among the best on our list.
- The manufacturers offer a limited warranty for 60 days.
5. Firestone Air Suspension Kit – W217606781
This kit is as close to OEM specifications as you can expect. At first glance, you may be intimated but the installation process is easy! Read on for more details:
- It has top-notch structural design and a sturdy frame.
- It can support 5000 pounds of load.
- Its air capacity is 100 PSI.
- The airbag is adjustable and can be regulated according to the amount of load at hand.
- The kit is ideal for SUVs, trucks, vans, and RVs.
We did the hard work for you. We chose the best so that you can directly order whatever you prefer. So, what are you waiting for? Give your Duramax the upgrade you have been wanting to without any further ado! You can thank us later. ☺
If there are any additional questions, we will be happy to answer them. Please leave a comment.