While it is easy to buy the biggest, most obvious parts of a 6.0 power stroke, it is quite difficult to replace the lesser known parts. What makes it even more tricky is that these parts play a huge role in the overall performance of vehicles. However, we must learn about them all so that we make the right choice while making a purchase.
Best Cold Air Intake for 6.0 Powerstroke
Let’s begin with the best cold air intake for a 6.0 power stroke. Good performance, better sound quality, etc. are the biggest features to consider. But, is that it? Not really! The market has multiple good cold air intake options, and almost all of them look good. That’s why it is important to consider other factors as well, including price, performance, and reviews.
To help you with this, we have come up with our list of the best. Skim through and make a choice within minutes!
1. Black Cold Air Intake Kit For 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel
Built with aluminum instead of plastic, the Black Cold Air Intake Kit is one of your best bets. It has consistently delivered in terms of durability, performance, and simplicity. Let’s take a closer look:
- Since it is made up of aluminum, it has better capacity against heat. It can hold different temperature extremes in the compartments.
- The aluminum tubes have bends. These are created with CNC mandrel and made such that the airflow is as high and smooth as possible.
- The couplers are made with silicone for high durability and performance. We have seen that many other manufacturers use rubber instead. It is cheaper but doesn’t guarantee performance as good as silicone.
- You need only a few tools and basic experience to install the intake. The kit comes with clear instructions, making your job easier. Thus, it won’t take you more than a few hours.
- Remember to check the compatibility and fit for your vehicle before purchasing the cold air intake. The manufacturers mention clearly that the intake is not for any truck that doesn’t have a factory MAF sensor.
2. S&B Filters 75-5027 Cold Air Intake for 1994-1997 Ford Power Stroke 7.3L
If you have an old Ford Power Stroke manufactured between 1994 and 1997, this is an excellent option for you. It is known for better airflow and efficiency among other things. Let’s explore the product further:
- The manufacturers promise 42.2% more airflow.
- They also guarantee that their cold air intake has a 99.41% efficiency rating.
- It has been designed and constructed in such a way that it avoids check engine lights completely.
- It abides by the ISO 5011 standard.
- It has silicone parts, ensuring durability and aesthetic appeal.
- The kit comes with a step-by-step guide for installation, making the process extremely simple. You only need standard tools, and the whole process will be over within 60 minutes.
- It comes with a pre-oiled filter.
3. BETTERCLOUD Cold Air Intake Kit Fit For 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
With polished aluminum tubes of the highest quality, we are not really surprised that is one of the best performing cold air intakes in the market today. Let’s see what else it offers to its users:
- The bends are bent with CNC mandrel. The aluminum tubes themselves are engineered such that there’s maximum airflow.
- The cold air intake works specifically to increase torque and horsepower.
- The air filter is high-flow and can be reused. It is also washable.
- The product works specifically for 6.0L Turbo Diesel Engines. If you are looking for intakes for other vehicles, you shouldn’t consider this at all.
- The brand recommends that you have a professional install these cold air intakes. It discourages DIY projects and does not provide any installation instructions either.
4. Ford 6.0L 6.0 2003-2007 Power Stroke Engines Air Products Intercooler Parts and Elbow
Drumroll, please. We have an Amazon’s Choice product on our list! This particular cold air intake is known for improving the engine’s life by providing more durability and efficiency. Let’s find out more:
- It has a nice black, glossy finish.
- It comes with all the hardware that you will need to install it.
- It also has gaskets so that you don’t have to worry about buying more stuff to install it.
- It allows direct replacement with just a change in bolts.
- It has multiple raving reviews claiming that it does the job quite well. That’s why we think you should give it a shot.
5. Polished Cold Air Intake Kit For 2007 to 2016 Ford 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
This kit also comes with all the required hardware, eliminating the need for you to get anything additional. Moreover, it has a polished finish and 4-inch aluminum construction. It also comes packed with features that we will explore now:
- It comes with a pre-oiled filter. This means that you don’t have to worry about oiling it. It is oiled for a lifetime!
- It has an aluminum body that’s durable and resistant to cracking.
- The tube has bends that allow maximum airflow.
- The cold air intake does not have rubber couplers. It has silicone couplers for the best performance.
- It is easy to install and comes with instructions, couplers, clamps, etc. It is indeed a complete kit!
These are our favorites, and we are positive that you will find your perfect cold air intake for a 6.0 power stroke from these. The only thing we would like to remember is that even though most of these come with installation instructions and tools, it is best to leave it to professionals if you are not sure.
All the best!