While it is easy to buy the biggest, most obvious parts of a 6.0 power stroke, it is quite difficult to replace the lesser known parts. What makes it even more tricky is that these parts play a huge role in the overall performance of vehicles. However, we must learn about them all so that we make the right choice while making a purchase.
|Product No.||Cold Air Intake for 6.0 Powerstroke||Product Image||Product Reviews||Check Price|
|1)||Rudy's Cold Air Intake|
|4)||DK Engine Parts|
|5)||Polished Cold Air Intake|
Let’s begin with the best cold air intake for a 6.0 power stroke. Good performance, better sound quality, etc. are the biggest features to consider. But, is that it? Not really! The market has multiple good cold air intake options, and almost all of them look good. That’s why it is important to consider other factors as well, including price, performance, and reviews.
Best Cold Air Intake for 6.0 Powerstroke
To help you with this, we have come up with our list of the best. Skim through and make a choice within minutes!
1. Black Cold Air Intake Kit For 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel
Built with aluminum instead of plastic, the Black Cold Air Intake Kit is one of your best bets. It has consistently delivered in terms of durability, performance, and simplicity. Let’s take a closer look:
- Since it is made up of aluminum, it has better capacity against heat. It can hold different temperature extremes in the compartments.
- The aluminum tubes have bends. These are created with CNC mandrel and made such that the airflow is as high and smooth as possible.
- The couplers are made with silicone for high durability and performance. We have seen that many other manufacturers use rubber instead. It is cheaper but doesn’t guarantee performance as good as silicone.
- You need only a few tools and basic experience to install the intake. The kit comes with clear instructions, making your job easier. Thus, it won’t take you more than a few hours.
- Remember to check the compatibility and fit for your vehicle before purchasing the cold air intake. The manufacturers mention clearly that the intake is not for any truck that doesn’t have a factory MAF sensor.
2. S&B Filters 75-5027 Cold Air Intake for 1994-1997 Ford Power Stroke 7.3L
If you have an old Ford Power Stroke manufactured between 1994 and 1997, this is an excellent option for you. It is known for better airflow and efficiency among other things. Let’s explore the product further:
- The manufacturers promise 42.2% more airflow.
- They also guarantee that their cold air intake has a 99.41% efficiency rating.
- It has been designed and constructed in such a way that it avoids check engine lights completely.
- It abides by the ISO 5011 standard.
- It has silicone parts, ensuring durability and aesthetic appeal.
- The kit comes with a step-by-step guide for installation, making the process extremely simple. You only need standard tools, and the whole process will be over within 60 minutes.
- It comes with a pre-oiled filter.
3. BETTERCLOUD Cold Air Intake Kit Fit For 2003-2007 Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
With polished aluminum tubes of the highest quality, we are not really surprised that is one of the best performing cold air intakes in the market today. Let’s see what else it offers to its users:
- The bends are bent with CNC mandrel. The aluminum tubes themselves are engineered such that there’s maximum airflow.
- The cold air intake works specifically to increase torque and horsepower.
- The air filter is high-flow and can be reused. It is also washable.
- The product works specifically for 6.0L Turbo Diesel Engines. If you are looking for intakes for other vehicles, you shouldn’t consider this at all.
- The brand recommends that you have a professional install these cold air intakes. It discourages DIY projects and does not provide any installation instructions either.
4. Ford 6.0L 6.0 2003-2007 Power Stroke Engines Air Products Intercooler Parts and Elbow
Drumroll, please. We have an Amazon’s Choice product on our list! This particular cold air intake is known for improving the engine’s life by providing more durability and efficiency. Let’s find out more:
- It has a nice black, glossy finish.
- It comes with all the hardware that you will need to install it.
- It also has gaskets so that you don’t have to worry about buying more stuff to install it.
- It allows direct replacement with just a change in bolts.
- It has multiple raving reviews claiming that it does the job quite well. That’s why we think you should give it a shot.
5. Polished Cold Air Intake Kit For 2007 to 2016 Ford 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
This kit also comes with all the required hardware, eliminating the need for you to get anything additional. Moreover, it has a polished finish and 4-inch aluminum construction. It also comes packed with features that we will explore now:
- It comes with a pre-oiled filter. This means that you don’t have to worry about oiling it. It is oiled for a lifetime!
- It has an aluminum body that’s durable and resistant to cracking.
- The tube has bends that allow maximum airflow.
- The cold air intake does not have rubber couplers. It has silicone couplers for the best performance.
- It is easy to install and comes with instructions, couplers, clamps, etc. It is indeed a complete kit!
6. K&N Cold Air Intake Kit
The K&N Cold Air Intake kit has been designed to last very long. You can forget about it for 10 years at least. It is suitable for multiple vehicles including Ford SuperDuty, Cutaway, and Harley Davidson. Let’s take a closer look:
- It promises to improve performance and horsepower.
- It is dyno-tested to deliver 50% more airflow than standard intakes.
- Once you install this, you can expect better towing as well because it improves acceleration. If you often go uphill, this intake will definitely help.
- You will definitely appreciate the engine’s sound under the hood.
- The air filter is reusable. You can wash it and use it again.
- You don’t need to worry about cleaning the cold air intake until you reach 100,000 miles.
- Installation is a breeze here. Simply bolt it on! On an average, the process takes an hour and you only need basic tools.
- The manufacturers provide a million-mile limited warranty.
7. Sinister Diesel Cold Air Intake
The Sinister Diesel Cold Air Intake will fit any 6.0 power stroke from 2003 to 2007. If your vehicle meets this criterion, there is no reason why shouldn’t check this out. Below are a few of its features:
- It has been crafted to deliver high performance and to be durable for many miles.
- It comes with a dry filter.
- The cold air intake is definitely an upgrade from the OE intake in terms of performance, horsepower, and ease of driving.
- The intake sounds great, which is an excellent add-on.
- It is very easy to install and lasts many miles without problems.
- A few users have noted that it is priced high but they agree that it pays for itself in the long run, making it a good choice.
8. GXP Cold Air Intake Kit
This particular cold air intake kit comes with an oiled filter. The intake has been designed for 2003 to 2007 power stroke engines and does a good job thanks to its many features. Let’s take a look at a few:
- It has a 4-inch aluminum construction, which means it is sturdy and reliable.
- The oiled filter is washable and can be reused for a lifetime.
- The kit comes with all the required installation hardware so that you don’t make additional purchases.
- It improves performance and horsepower.
- The manufacturers offer a 1-year warranty.
- One thing to note here is that the air intake is blue in color. While it’s not a problem for many, a few may not like the bright color.
What is the importance of a cold air intake?
Not many people are aware of the importance of a cold air intake. It has many roles to play, which is why it is crucial that you understand what it does. In this section, we shall go through details about what it does:
- Ensures there’s adequate airflow: The engine needs continuous supply of cool air to increase power. This is facilitated by the cold air intake.
- Improves engine health and performance: The engine responds better when you install a good cold air intake because it gets more cool air for combustion.
- Increases acceleration: Upon installing a cold air intake, you will notice an improvement in the horsepower by at least 5-20 HP.
- Enables a better sound: The sound it produces when the cold air reaches the engine is aggressive and satisfying.
- Enhances fuel economy: Because the engine receives oxygen-rich air, it performs better. Better performance translates to better fuel economy.
People also ask
We have also answered a few common questions to help you understand cold air intakes better.
1) Do cold air intakes really increase horsepower?
Yes, they are crafted to deliver air to the engine, which helps it perform better. They usually perform more efficiently than standard or factory intakes, which is why they increase horsepower significantly.
2) What cold air intake gives the most horsepower?
There are quite a few good ones. K&N, Spectre, and S&B are some of our favorites.
3) How do I choose a cold air intake?
The right one for you depends on your vehicle. Cold air intakes are designed to be vehicle-specific. Other factors to look at are material, type of intake, water protector, type of filter, etc.
4) Is cold air intake worth the money?
Yes, indeed. It improves the health of the engine and ensure better performance. It also improves fuel economy. Thus, even if you find it expensive, know that it will pay for itself in the long run.
5) Can a cold air intake damage your engine?
If it is dirty and clogged, your vehicle’s fuel economy and performance will drop. You will also see a dip in the horsepower.
6) Is it bad to use a cold air intake in the winter?
Yes, it may not work as expected because the air is extremely cold in winter. If the air is too cold, the engine will have to work harder to warm up.
7) Will a cold air intake make my car louder?
Yes, it will. Your car will become more aggressive.
8) Do you need to tune your car after cold air intake?
No, it is not necessary. If you tune your car, it will cost you more and since it is not even needed, it is a waste of money.
These are our favorites, and we are positive that you will find your perfect cold air intake for a 6.0 power stroke from these. The only thing we would like to remember is that even though most of these come with installation instructions and tools, it is best to leave it to professionals if you are not sure.
All the best!