Ford Powerstroke is almost a standard engine for many trucks today. The 6.7L Powerstroke came into the market in 2010, and today there are quite a few options for users to pick from depending on the type of truck they have.
Best Air Filters for 6.7 Powerstroke
But why does one need air filters? The answer is simple: Performance. Air filters help enhance the torque performance and the horsepower of the engine. This is why they are extremely popular. Some kits also provide cleaner air (as the name suggests) and better flow rates. Thus, driving will be a more pleasant experience with an air filter for your 6.7 Powerstroke engine.
Now comes the big question. How do you pick? There are so many on Amazon. Which one will suit you and your needs? Oh, don’t worry. We are here to help you out. Let’s jump in and talk about the best air filters for 6.7 Powerstroke today.
1. K&N Engine Air Filter – Washable and Reusable
Let’s start with Amazon’s Choice! The K&N Engine Air Filter is designed specifically to improve the rate of acceleration and enhance the horsepower. Plus, it is reusable, making it very handy. What are its other features? Here you go:
- It provides superior filtration with very high airflow.
- You can use it without any worries up to 50,000 miles. After that, you may need to clean it, but it is an extremely easy process. Just remove, clean, and put it back. The cleaning requirement totally depends on the conditions you usually drive-in. So, it is always a good idea to check and then do the needful.
- These filters are very easy to install. They have a “drop-in” design that eliminates the need for fancy tools.
- Many users have said that the air filter has improved the truck’s mileage as well.
2. PG Air Filter PA8219 for 6.7 Powerstroke
The PG Air Filter is Amazon’s Choice as well, and we just love it. It comes packed with multiple features and is extremely reliable. It is made specifically for the 6.7 Powerstroke engine, making it very easy to install and forget about for a long time. Let’s take a look at the specifics:
- Your car’s engine will enjoy 99% cleaner air than before with the PG Air Filter.
- It is made for engine protection and delivers better performance. The engine protection lasts for over 12,000 miles, after which you will need to replace it.
- It is a high capacity filter that can remove pollen, dirt, and dust very efficiently.
- It ensures unrestricted, high airflow.
- It is compatible with a wide range of engines, but we recommend that you check before you buy.
- It fits very easily, leaving you with absolutely no problems.
- It also promises fuel efficiency.
- It is among the more affordable options in the market at the moment
3. aFe Power Magnum FORCE 54-11872-1 5-layer Filter
5-layered filtration! That’s pretty amazing, don’t you think? The aFe Power Magnum Air Filter comes with that and much more. That’s why it has made it to our list of the best filters for 6.7 Powerstroke engines. Here’s more about it:
- It has the capacity to outflow the factory intake by up to 64%.
- You can enjoy 26% more horsepower and better torque as well.
- It has a CAD designed roto-moulded intake tube that increases efficiency manifold.
- The 5-layer oiled filter maximizes airflow as well as the power.
- It has a powder-coated one-piece housing.
- The air filter promises better throttle response and improved performance.
4. BANKS 42215 Ram-Air Intake System for 6.7 Powerstroke
Ranked very highly among users, the BANKS air filter is a gem. It has a wide variety of properties that make it really sought-after and worth the price tag. Of course, it has been designed specifically for 6.7 Powerstroke engines, but if you want the specifics, you should contact the manufacturers. Until then, let’s see what it offers:
- It has an enclosed housing that keeps all the heat out. This in-turn enhances the power of the truck.
- It only takes in cool air to provide more power and mileage.
- It cools the engine down.
- It has a giant filter that maximizes the filtration rate.
- It extends the life of the engine and prevents damage.
- You can enjoy an improved flow of up to 26% more than average.
- It is a reusable filter, which is a property we adore. You just have to clean it and put it back.
- It can easily accommodate engine movement, which means you can expect more durability from the air filter.
5. aFe 51-81872 Magnum Force Cold Air System
Another excellent product from aFe, the Magnum Force Cold Air Filter comes with an assortment of excellent features. It also comes in the affordable range, making it a great purchase. Here are some of its specifications and features:
- It has been built and designed to improve the throttle response along with performance and mileage.
- The horsepower is said to increase by around 21 with this air filter.
- The airflow sees an improvement by 38% while the torque gain is around 55 lbs./ft.
- It is made up of roto-moulded plastic tube for the best possible airflow.
- The installation process is a breeze.
- It comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
Now that you know exactly which air filters you can trust for your 6.7 Powerstroke engine, you have no reasons to worry. Pick any of the aforementioned options and redefine the way you drive and feel in your truck. Trust us; your engine will thank you!
How often to Change Fuel Filter on 6.7 Powerstroke
Ford changed the game of diesel engines by coming up with their range of Powerstroke engines for trucks. There are several models in this range; however, the most commonly used ones are 6.0 Powerstroke and 6.7 Powerstroke for the trucks as well as other automobiles. The two most vital features that increase engine efficiency and operation are Fuel Quality and Fuel Filter. It is crucial to know when the fuel filters, coolant and oil should be changed for keeping up with the proper functioning of the engine.
Go through the following table to get the details for changing the parts of the engine, as mentioned above.
|Component of Engine||How often should you change it.|
|Fuel Filter||The fuel filter should be changed every 15,000 miles or after every third oil change. Some people also like to change the filters every 10,000 miles depending upon the functioning of the engine.|
|Oil Change||Oil should be changed as per the indications shown by the instrument or after every 7.5k miles.|
|Coolant Change||Change the coolant at 105,000 miles, followed by changing it at every 40,000 or 45,000 miles. Keep a check on the coolant strength while changing the fuel filters.|
Keep a check on all the components to improve the efficiency and longevity of the fuel engines.