A water pump leak can be a nightmare, edging into devastating very quickly. A water pump is an essential part of the 7.3 power stroke. It works to push the coolant to the engine from the radiator. There’s also an impeller, which works the other way round. If there’s a leak, the coolant will wreck the engine, or else it will leak too. Both scenarios are bad. The leak can also damage the thermostat and ruin the coolant system altogether. So, unless you fix the leak, problems will keep arising.
In this article, we will discuss the best water pump for 7.3 power stroke today based on multiple different reviews so that you know which ones you can trust. Here we go!
Best Water Pump for 7.3 Powerstroke
1. Airtex AW4114 Engine Water Pump
Airtex is extremely popular because it has emerged as a very reliable water pump for a 7.3 power stroke.
It also has durable housing features that ensure proper sealing. A few more of its features are as follows:
- It is designed specifically for accessory belt driven applications.
- It works with all models that have a fan clutch. The manufacturers say that it is important to replace the fan clutch while replacing the water pump for safety.
- The mounting surface is precise and custom-designed. This promises that the pump stays in place.
- All Airtex pumps are manufactured keeping OE standards in mind. In fact, many of them surpass the standards too.
- The pump comes with detailed instructions that one must follow for installation. They are easy
to understand, but very important. Don’t skip any step and don’t try to wing it!
- The manufacturers offer a limited lifetime warranty.
2. Gates 43546 Water Pump for 7.3 Powerstroke
Here’s a water pump that Amazon loves, and by extension, we do too! The Gates Water Pump is loved by every user because it is easy to install, highly reliable, and long lasting. Here are a few more features:
- It is made of premium alloy materials.
- Each pump goes through leakage tests and functional tests before being assembled.
- It doesn’t just stop the leak but it also eliminates unnecessary noise.
- You may need a sealant to ensure that the pump stays in place. This is not necessary but
advisable because it secures the pump.
- It complies to OEM standards.
- You may want to change the thermostat along with the water pump if that’s old. This will just
increase the efficiency of the pump.
3. Motorcraft PW455 New Water Pump
It is durable and very efficient. That is why, despite being on the expensive end of the price spectrum, Motorcraft is a popular choice. The water pump comes with a 12-month warranty and a host of excellent features, which we shall go through now:
- It is very easy to install. The instruction manual has clear instructions.
- It comes with strong housings for added durability. The housings are made of cast iron or aluminum.
- The pump comes with gaskets that ease the process of replacement even further.
- The precision bearings help deliver excellent performance for a long period of time.
- Remember that besides the pump and gasket, you will need to use the old parts or buy new
ones based on the need of the hour. So, make sure you check your power stroke and buy all the
necessary parts before you start the installation process.
4. A-Premium Engine Water Pump for 7.3 Powerstroke
Versatile and easy to install, the A-Premium Engine Water Pump fits a variety of Ford engines. We request you to go through the model compatibility details before buying it. Once you do that, go through this list of its features to make sure you are making the right choice.
- It meets or surpasses all OEM standards.
- The pump comes with enough bolts for installation.
- It fits well and provides excellent durability.
- The manufacturers provide a 1-year unlimited-mileage guarantee.
- It is exactly the thing you are looking for, for your Ford 7.3 power stroke. Try it, and you won’t
be disappointed. Again, remember to change the thermostat as well.
5. Water Pump for 1994 to 2003 Ford 7.3L Power Stroke
As the name suggests, this water pump is specifically for Ford models from 1994 to 2003. If your Ford is older or newer than this, we recommend that you skip this option and check the ones we already discussed. If you do have a Ford that fits the criteria, though, you must not ignore this!
- This is a complete water pump kit that also has an elbow for quick installation.
- The pump is well-engineered and designed to last for a long time.
- It is an excellent choice for you, especially if you are looking for the perfect fit and design for a
7.3L power stroke.
- The water pump is backed by a 13-month unlimited mileage warranty. This means that if
something goes wrong during this time, you can ask for a replacement.
- Once you get the kit, you won’t need anything else unless you want to replace other parts as
6. Autoforever Professional Water Pump Kit
Its durable housing and precisely-machined mounting surfaces promise the perfect sealing. This water pump kit is 100% factory-tested and performs just as expected. Here are a few things you should know about it:
- The dimensions of the product are 12.2 x 8.3 x 8.7 inches.
- Make sure your vehicle model has a fan clutch before purchasing this water pump.
- It fits a wide range of vehicles such as Ford Super Duty and Ford Econoline, but it is always safe to check the fitment before buying it.
- Along with the water pump, you will get all that you need to fit it along with instructions. This makes the installation process a breeze.
- The manufacturers cover non-human damages and provide a refund for the same.
7. Water Pump for Ford Powerstroke Diesel 7.3L
This is a brand new water pump with a lower radiator hose that will fit your Ford 7.3L vehicle perfectly. If you are wondering why you should buy it, please keep reading for its attractive features:
- It will fit your vehicle easily, and the installation is pretty simple too.
- It does not cause any leaks when installed correctly. If you are facing any leakage problems, we request you to inform the manufacturers.
- It only fits Ford 7.3L vehicles manufactured from 99 to 01. So, it is primarily for older vehicles. If you have a new model, you can check the fitment to be sure.
- Once you start using it, you will notice that the temperature gauge stays put right in the middle, with no fluctuations. This means that it is maintaining the temperature quite well.
You no longer have an excuse or a reason to postpone fixing that water pump leak! Remember, it will only get worse with time and cause too many problems if you let it sit. Our advice is that you check your Ford’s model and year, pick the right water pump, and get going.
Also, if you are unsure about installation and/or replacement, we think you should leave it to the mechanic. Improper installation causes more trouble, waste of time, unnecessary spending, and too much hassle. Be cautious and get the best!