|Product No.||Oil cooler for 6.0|
|Product Image||Product Reviews||Check Price|
Due to popular demand and the many questions that we received recently, we decided to help you choose the best oil cooler for 6.0 power stroke engines. These are popular engines, which is why their demand is high. Let’s get straight to it then, and explore our favorites.
Best oil cooler for 6.0 power stroke
1. Engine Oil Cooler Kit
Why just buy the cooler when you can buy the entire kit? This popular engine oil cooler kit is a top choice for 6.0 Ford power stroke engines for the following reasons:
- The kit consists of O-rings, filter, cooler, and gasket seals.
- It is a heat exchanger that cools the engine oil and removes the excess heat.
- The cooler is a direct replacement part and will fit without any problems.
- The manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty.
- Direct replacement
- Fits perfectly
- Not an upgrade from the factory model
2. TOPAZ Oil Cooler Kit – Upgraded
This oil cooler kit is available in two variations – with a hole and without one. You can choose based on the requirement. It has specifically been made for 6.0 V8 engines and is a good choice for sure. Here’s why:
- You can install it quite easily.
- It is designed to enhance performance and deliver a better ride quality than earlier.
- The cooler kit is specifically known for its reliability.
- This is an aftermarket part that fits perfectly but the manufacturers request you to crosscheck the fitment before purchase.
- The manufacturers offer a 1-year warranty.
- Fits perfectly
- Improves performance
- The seal that comes in the kit is not of great quality
3. Oil Cooler for Ford 6.0 Power Stroke – Domestic Gaskets
Say hello to an upgraded version of the oil coolant that is easily compatible with your 6.0 power stroke. It is one of the best options you could ask for. We say so due to the following reasons:
- It has been designed for high flow thanks to which it can reduce all kinds of internal stoppage immediately.
- It is resistant to corrosion and has the ability to protect against all elements.
- The cooler has an aluminum body, which makes it durable and long lasting. The performance stays consistent for a long time.
- It is built to satisfy industry standards with ease.
- Along with the cooler, you will get a strainer, o-rings of different sizes, a mount gasket, a threaded insert, and other important tools for installation.
- Good quality
- The gasket included is not of the best quality
4. PPE Oil Cooler – Heavy-duty
This heavy-duty cooler has been designed for Ford 6.0 models from 2003 to 2007. So if you have any of them, you should definitely consider it. Below are a few of its features:
- It works to promote efficient cooling.
- The cooler comes with a gasket kit and a Viton O-ring, making the installation process easy.
- It supplies cool oil to the oil pump and the injectors, ensuring that both these parts last long and efficiently.
- It has larger than average passageways, allowing the coolant to flow easily and without any issues.
- This is an upgrade from the factory cooler.
- Easy installation
- Temperature delta remains less than 10 degrees
- Does not come with an instruction manual
5. Rudy’s Diesel Oil Cooler Kit
There’s no better way to end a list than with an Amazon’s Choice product. Rudy’s Diesel kit is exactly that! It has proven to be a great purchase because of its many features. A few of them are as follows:
- It is a direct replacement of the original factory parts.
- It comes with gaskets.
- It is a new product with a heavy-duty construction and an upgraded design.
- It is compatible with all Ford 6.0 2003 to 2007 models.
- Good price
- Works as expected
- A few users have reported better than OEM performance
- The O-rings that come with the kit may not be of the best quality
6. Oil Cooler by Alpha Dog
This is a simple oil cooler that odes exactly what it promises. It fits most Ford 6.0 models with ease and has a sturdy design. Below are a few more details:
- The cooler has a high flow design to ensure there are no internal stoppage problems.
- It comes with all the gaskets you need for installation.
- It fits perfectly and is an aftermarket replacement for the factory part.
- It is among the more affordable yet reliable options out there.
- Good fit
- The gaskets may not fit all 6.0 power stroke engines
Choose any of them and your car will be one happy puppy!
FAQs about 6.0 power stroke oil coolers
Even though you know which oil cooler to purchase, we know you have a few questions about the same. This is why we decided to answer some of the most commonly asked questions.
Where is the oil cooler on a 6.0 power stroke?
You will find the oil cooler at the front of the block. Locate the intake manifold and look under it. That’s where it will be!
How do I know if my oil cooler is bad on my 6.0 power stroke?
There are a few symptoms that indicate bad oil cooler. They are:
- Oil leakage
- Leakage of the oil coolant
- Presence of coolant in the oil
- Presence of oil in the cooling system
If you notice any of these, you have to change the cooler immediately. You will also have to remove the contaminated liquids to avoid significant problems.
What is the Ford 6.0 oil cooler replacement cost?
The average cost is between $200 to $700. This can be more if you have additional repairs or replacements to take care of.
How long will an air cooler last?
Under normal circumstances, an air cooler lasts for about 100,000 to 150,000 km.
If you have any more questions that you think should be added to this list, please feel free to comment. We will be happy to expand our FAQs and answer all your questions.
We hope our guide helped you! If you have any suggestions, you know what to do!