If you own an automobile with a 6.0 Powerstroke engine, you might be aware that a scanner tool is a must for you. A scanner diagnostic tool helps you to get all the information regarding your vehicle in real-time. It helps to diagnose problems right from brake systems, oil consumption to emissions. Vehicles running on such Powerstroke engines need such tools to monitor the conditions and avoid any issues. The high performance of your truck or car can be maintained with the help of the right scanner tool installed in your vehicle.
There have been many advances in the basic scanner tools and now the latest ones come with a touch screen control options and readout display. It helps you to manage all the details of your automobile quickly and accurately. If you are still reluctant to invest in a good scanner for your truck, then my friend, you should!
|Best Scanner for 6.0 Powerstroke
|Autel Scanner MaxiCOM
There are many options available both online and offline, but to help you all, I have curated a list of the top five best scanners for 6.0 Powerstroke. Go through the list and select the one that fits your criteria.
Best Scanner for 6.0 Powerstroke
1. Foxwell NT301 OBD2 Scanner for 6.0 Powerstroke
One of the most popular and best options for getting a scanning tool is this Foxwell enhanced diagnostic tool. The scanner comes with one USB cable and a user manual to understand its functions. The tool is equipped with a bad O2 sensor, reset monitor, turn off check engine light and much more. The scanner makes it easy for the people to perform last-minute checks before leaving for extended trips or work. It is also helpful in detecting intermittent problems and also showing the confirmation of repairs during the drive cycle. Overall it’s an excellent product to invest in as it is versatile and has all the required features.
- The scanner shows live data in both text and graph forms.
- It reads the onboard/live O2 data and also helps in checking the proper functioning of the engine.
- The tool has a built-in speaker and red, yellow and green LED lights to indicate the status for a smog test.
- The scanner has the feature of quickly reading and erasing engine fault codes. The help button helps in knowing all the possible causes of such codes.
- It comes with a 2.8-inch screen, lifetime software update and one year manufacturer’s warranty.
- The tool is ideal for all home and auto shop beginners. It helps in detecting suspicious systems and enables you to take action for the same.
2. Autel MaxiCOM Scanner Diagnostic Scan Tool
The one scanner tool that can be compatible with multiple automobiles all over the world is the Autel Maxicom scanner diagnostic tool. This tool works efficiently for more than 56 brands from Asia, Europe, America and more. It comes with a fast release software update and has all the required features for detecting and repairing issues in your vehicle. The data manager stores all the data regarding your engine and other information that can be viewed and printed. Along with this, the tool also has a MaxiFix platform that helps in diagnostic sources.
- The tool gives detection for all systems such as oil reset, fuel system, wiper system, light system, brake system, emission and much more.
- This OBD2 scanner tool comes with a seven-inch touch screen display with a sensitive response.
- The scanner is equipped with the Android operating system and A9 processor to make it more user-friendly and efficient.
- It can read and clear the data along with giving the real-time status updates for the various parts of the car.
- It is packed with all the advanced configuration and built-in 32 GB memory for a better experience.
- The scanner comes with a one year warranty and 12 months of free software updates.
3. LAUNCH OBD2 Scanner Creader for 6.0 Powerstroke
This tool is another excellent choice for an OBD2 scanner that has made its place among the accurate and high-performance scanner. It is a four systems scan tool that features all obd2 features along with the diagnostic system functions as well. Right from ABS, O2 sensor, SRS to Automatic transmission, this tool gives all the data regarding these systems. The scanner streams the live data in graphic format. The device is easy to use for beginners to find the problem and fix it. The manufacturers provide free online update service and this tool is compatible with most of the car models.
- The scanner has a quick operation with easy to use and interactive operating system.
- It can perform up to ten functions such as onboard monitor test, advanced live data stream, reading and clearing DTCs, etc.
- The tool has a user-friendly interface and 3.5 inches of the screen to display all the information.
- The diagnostic scanner tool has a built-in DTC library that retrieves detailed DTC definition and also records the information related to diagnostic automatically.
- It comes with 36 months of warranty and eight different languages.
4. Ancel FX2000 Vehicle OBD2 Scanner
This device has enhanced four systems of diagnostic tools. It has all the features that are vital for monitoring and diagnosing various systems of the car. However, the scanner is only compatible with vehicles from 2005 and for new ABS and SRS transmission system testing. The tool can also turn off the warning light for the systems. It comes with a four-inch interactive display and smart buttons for giving a smooth user experience. The diagnostic tool comes with a one-year year warranty and lifetime free updates via the TF card.
- The scanner is equipped with the ability to graph, record and replay live data streams for all the car systems.
- It also has the advanced features of doing smog test as well as read and clears the codes for DTCs.
- The tool also displays Oxygen sensor test results for better efficiency of the vehicle.
- It has all the features required for complete onboard monitoring for your vehicle.
- The diagnostic tool also conducts the EVAP tests for the fuel tank system along with retrieving the vehicle’s complete information.
5. TopDiag Enhanced Mode OBD2 Scanner for 6.0 Powerstroke
The last alternative in this list is the TopDiag with the most innovative devices and the latest technology. It is also one of the most popular diagnostic tools that can easily monitor and diagnose emission, check engine light and much more. The scanner helps with monitoring: Air fuel ratio sensor, spark plugs, thermostat, oxygen sensor, catalytic converter, EGR valve, etc. The tool is an excellent investment for vehicle maintenance.
- The scanner has a built-in battery test to monitor the voltage of the battery.
- It has a dynamic data display that shows live data in graphical format. The data can be printed by connecting it to a PC or laptop.
- The device also has a one-click built-in I/M feature to check the emission system as well as six advanced modes to retrieve the values for the same.
- It comes with a complete user manual, two-year warranty and lifetime free software updates.
- The scanner tool is easy to use for beginners and doesn’t require any battery for its operation.
6. KZYEE KC301 Scanner
This all-rounder scanner is one of the best diagnostic tools available in the market. It is equipped with all the functions to make it easy for the car owners to keep their vehicles up to date. It quickly shows up the results for engine lightings that takes less than 30 seconds. This scanner comes with a built-in I/M readiness status that gives the information on just one click. It also makes the process of checking the engine status faster. One can also print the data and results with ease by connecting it to the printer. The scanner tool has the option of quickly reading and resetting all the engine light codes on all OBD2 protocols. This alternative is suitable for many Asian-based cars, SUVs, light trucks and other passenger cars.
- The scanner comes with a built-in and on-screen DTC definition that aids in diagnosing the problems and potential errors.
- The tool helps in reading the codes as well as erasing them.
- It comes with two years warranty and a lifetime of the free software update. All the queries are catered by customer support efficiently.
- One can monitor the levels of O2 with the help of the sensors on the enabled graph mode.
- The scanner doesn’t need any batteries and helps the users to check the engine light.
- As this tool also has a data logging feature, it makes it easy for the users to record and review the logs.
7. NEXPEAK OBD2 Scanner for 6.0 Powerstroke
The last option on this list for investing in one of the best choices of diagnostic tools for 6.0 Powerstroke is this professional-grade auto scanner. It is made using the premium and anti-slip material to help the users in operating this device with ease. The scanner tool is equipped with advanced onboard monitoring that also aids in monitoring the battery voltage. The engine code reader in this scanner gives an all-around performance of your car to ease the entire maintenance process for you. The company offers a lifetime of smart free update service and also comes with a carry case to store it. One can easily store the data in the tool as it comes with a built-in memory card. This data can be uploaded to a PC or for printing it.
- The scanner comes with a fully functional and interactive LCD screen that shows data in high definition.
- It can be used to detect the bad O2 sensors along with checking the engine light alerts.
- The tool works efficiently in detecting smog and alerting the driver about the same.
- Apart from being just an OBD II scanner, it also aids in reading as well as erasing the faulty codes.
- It has a patented silicone keypad that is user-friendly and also comes with three LED indicators, including red, green and yellow. After knowing all the functions of the keypad, one can easily use the tool without looking at the manual every time.
- The scanner doesn’t need any other app or extra batteries for proper functioning.
- It is compatible with most of the USA vehicles after 1996, including SUVs, light trucks, sedans and more.
How to buy the best scanner for 6.0 power stroke – features to check
Because there are so many different options out there, it is very easy to get confused and buy the wrong one. This is why we thought we would help you out by enlisting the features that a good scanner should have. Let’s take a look:
- Diagnostic devices: These devices help you assess the engine’s performance in real-time. There are many devices but the most popular ones are HUD, smartphone, and car monitors.
- The HUD devices are the most advanced and are suitable for night driving. They are extremely convenient and project the data on the visor.
- The smartphone monitors generate data using Wi-Fi and send it over to the smartphone.
- The car monitors require OBD-II compliance and keep you updated about all the critical information about your vehicle.
- All car diagnostic devices: Scan tools, engine code readers, etc. come under this category.
- Engine code readers will give you data about wrong codes and errors.
- Scan tools can go one step further and clear error codes from ABS, airbags, etc.
- Brand specific devices: As the name suggests, these work with only specific brands such as BMW or Audi. So, if you want specific scanners for a particular brand, you can choose one of these.
1) How can I choose the best 6.0 power stroke scanner?
You should start by identifying the problem. This will give you an idea about what you need. You can then choose a scanner accordingly.
2) What scan tool does Ford use?
Ford uses the Integrated Diagnostic System or IDS. It is a laptop-based tool.
3) Are diesel trucks OBD-II?
Yes, they are.
4) Does using FORScan void warranty?
Thankfully, the answer is no. But, only if you can prove that the change was due to a failure.
5) Is FORScan free?
The Windows version is free.
6) Should the vehicle be ON or running to use the scanner?
Yes, to use any OBD scanner, your vehicle must be ON.
7) Is it possible to keep driving with a scanner for 6.0 power stroke plugged in?
Yes. In fact, most scanners require the vehicle to be running to work. It is a pre-requisite.
A diagnostic scanner tool is an essential accessory that will make your rides smooth and hassle free. With the new touch screen displays and on-demand diagnostic features, this tool is ideal for beginners too. All the options stated above deliver fast and accurate results. Check with their compatibility for your car or truck to get the right scanner tool in one go. Also, do not forget to check whether it works with your phone and Wifi to avoid further issues.
My recommendation from this list will be the Foxwell one as it has compatibility with most car models. Go through all the details and specifications of the scanner tool before you buy it. I hope this article helps you to get your hands on the best diagnostic tool for 6.0 Powerstroke.