Exhaust systems ensure that the vehicle is running smoothly and not using up more fuel than required. Performance exhaust systems usually measure 4 inches in size but there are larger diameter exhausts as well. The right one for you depends on the kind of vehicle you have, especially its horsepower.
Just like everything else in a vehicle, the exhaust system has an expiration date. When it runs its course, you have to go for an upgrade to ensure the proper functioning of the vehicle and its overall health.
|Product No.||Exhaust for 6.0 power stroke||Product Image||Product Reviews||Check Price|
|3)||BD Diesel Exhaust|
|4)||HI FLOW Exhaust|
But, choosing the best can be tricky because there isn’t much to explore from, especially when needs are specific. This is why we are here to help you.
Best exhaust for 6.0 power stroke
1. Ported High Flow Exhaust Manifolds
If you have a power stroke between 2003 to 2010, you will appreciate installing Ported High Flow Exhaust Manifolds. Why do we say so? Our reasons lie in the features. Take a look!
- The set includes heavy-walled manifolds that are known to be highly durable. This is because the heavy wall prevents burnouts.
- They promise increased performance and most optimal flow.
- They ensure that the vehicle sounds much better.
- Reliability is another highlight that we love.
- The kit includes gaskets, bolts, and spacers and other necessary equipment for installation.
- Perfect fit
- Excellent exhaust flow
- The bolts may not be compatible with all vehicles
2. Stainless Performance Headers
This exhaust kit is for 6.0 power stroke vehicles from 03 to 07. The kit features high performance stainless headers and is a direct replacement of the original manifolds. Some of its highlights are:
- It promises better throttle response and performance.
- The torque and horsepower are said to improve once you install these manifolds.
- You will also be able to enjoy lower EGTs.
- The kit includes gaskets for installation. But, you may have to buy other equipment separately.
- The sound is much better after upgrading to these headers.
- Good quality
- Perfect fit
- The bung is cross threaded
3. BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold Set
This is another set of quality manifolds with heavy walls and durability. It especially boasts of enhancing the efficiency of the turbine. Let’s find out more:
- It has optimized runners that enhance velocity.
- The coating protects the manifolds from corrosion.
- They come pre-drilled to accommodate pyrometer probes.
- They are easy to clean and do not require machine work.
- The installation process takes around 6 hours.
- Corrosion resistant
4. HI FLOW Power stroke F250 F350
The HI FLOW headers and manifolds promise a significant improvement in the way you handle your vehicle. This exhaust kit is rated among the best for this exact reason. Some of its highlights are:
- The kit includes a set of gaskets and bolts so that you don’t have to look any further for complete installation.
- The high flow capacity plays a significant role in improving throttle response, MPG, and sound.
- Alongside this, you will also see more horsepower and torque along with low EGTs.
- This kit is a direct replacement for factory manifolds.
- It has been engineered for 6.0 power stroke models from 03 to 07.
- Good price
- Work well
- The bolts provided are of low quality
BONUS – FAQs
To help you understand your 6.0 power stroke better, we decided to answer a few common questions.
1) How much HP can you get out of a 6.0 power stroke?
- Today, a 6.0 power stroke can go up to 800 hp – something that was unthinkable a few years ago.
2) How many miles will a Ford 6.0 last?
- A well maintained Ford 6.0 will go beyond 400,000 miles. However, that’s mostly not the case due to poor handling and other issues.
3) Can the 6.0 power stroke be made reliable?
- The latest models are actually quite reliable. In the past, we have heard of multiple users complaining about various problems. We are not going to say that the 6.0 is perfect but we will definitely say that they are avoidable. Also, once a problem arises and is solved, the Ford automatically becomes more reliable.
4) How often should you change the oil in a 6.0 power stroke?
- The range is from 5,000 to 7,500 miles and it totally depends on the usage. Under heavy operation, you will have to change the oil every 5,000 miles. It usage is moderate or light, changing it once every 7,500 miles is recommended.
Now that you have a clear idea of the 6.0 power stroke and the top exhaust systems in the market right now, we are positive you will make the right choice. If you are stuck or confused, please reach out to us.