It may not come across as such, but a vehicle’s combustion engine is quite complex. It has so many components that it is easy to wonder whether they are even necessary! Well, the truth is that they are. Each component plays a very crucial role in ensuring that the vehicle performs as expected. One of these parts is the power stroke head or the cylinder head.
What Do Cylinder Heads Do?
Cylinder heads serve the purpose of covering the cylinder block while the fuel burns. It also pushes the gas produced to start the vehicle out of the camera to make way for more air-fuel mix into the cylinder.
Power stroke heads are usually made out of aluminum or cast iron alloys. Aluminum is the preferable choice because cast iron is heavy and corrodes easily. However, if durability is your priority over these factors, you should choose cast iron.
There are different types of power stroke heads that you can choose from based on the type of engine in your vehicle.
Best 6.0 Power Stroke Heads
This article is dedicated to helping you understand the best available choices on the market today. Please note that our experts have curated this list after thorough research and testing.
1. New Improved Loaded Cylinder Head – 2
DK Engine Parts has come up with pairs of loaded cylinder heads for 2003 to 2007 6.0 power stroke diesel models. They come in different sizes including 18mm, 18mm O-ring, 20mm, and 20mm O-ring. Below are a few things you should know about these cylinder heads:
- These cylinder heads are an upgrade from the stock heads.
- They do not require any cores.
- They come with brand new locks, retainer, springs, and valves.
- You will notice a significant improvement in the power levels.
- The heads are made of cast iron.
2. Mophron Replacement for 6.0 power stroke cylinder head – 18mm
Mophron cylinder heads measure 18mm with no core and come with integrated springs, locks, retainers, etc. Below are a few things you should note about these heads:
- They are made of cast iron alloy and are suitable for high pressure scenarios. They are also durable and can endure overheating. Besides that, they are rigid and do not crack under pressure.
- The dimensions are accurate and have been carved such that they are an exact match to the stock cylinder heads.
- They are compact and sit on the cylinder block. They work to catalyze the combustion reaction quite effectively.
- You will see gaskets and bolts that prevent any and all leakages, making the cylinder heads very safe.
- The manufacturers recommend professional installation.
3. Brand New Cylinder Head for 6.0 Power Stroke – 20mm
Here’s another choice of 20mm cylinder heads for your Ford. It is a brand new aftermarket replacement part and comes with the following features:
- It has no core charge.
- The cylinder head has brand new locks, retainers, springs, valves, etc.
- These are cast iron cylinder heads.
- Injector cups are included in the package.
- The manufacturers offer a one-year warranty against defects.
4. Remanufactured Power Stroke Cylinder Heads
Remanufactured cylinder heads from ADV Cylinder Heads are designed for 2002-2006 power stroke vehicles. They come with many unique features that you must look at:
- They are very durable and have been tested in extreme conditions to ensure casting integrity.
- They are vacuum tested for the perfect compression. Valve job has also been performed in all angles.
- The cylinder heads are PCD-milled to give them a smooth finish.
- These are aluminum alloy cylinder heads.
- They have new valve stem seals and valve seats.
- These require a core return.
5. CIFIC Replacement Bare Cylinder Head for Ford
This bare cylinder head from CIFIC comes ready to install with zero hassle. You do not need to modify or change any parts to fit it in. Below is some more information:
- These are brand new aftermarket replacement parts.
- They mostly exceed OEM standards in terms of performance and durability.
- They are factory tested to perform under various conditions.
- They have no core charge.
- The manufacturers offer a 1-year warranty against defects.
- They measure 20mm.
Choosing the right cylinder head can make give your Ford an upgrade and enable you to enjoy your ride as well. Make sure you buy only from reliable sellers after thorough research and comparison. Our list of the best will help you in this regard to a great extent. If you need additional help, please don’t hesitate to reach out.